Monday, August 27, 2012

Stuffed giraffe

I stumbled across a wonderful website that made me want to literally make tons of toys for my future baby. This website was created by a father. His name is Joel. He makes stuff for his kids that are really simple and it cost nearly nothing to make. Joel makes toys out of cereal boxes!! Now that's my kind of guy. I mean craft.  Check out Made by Joel.

I made the stuffed giraffe, which is really cute and use just canvas fabric, sewing machine, and Painters opaque paint marker.  There are no instructions but you can tell by looking at the beautiful pictures of the giraffe how to make it. I will make the hippo next and redo the giraffe.

Here is my first draft of the giraffe. I need to make the giraffe bigger, especially the neck since I have to pull the fabric inside out. Apparently, the pen is non-toxic so baby can chew on the fabric. You just have to blow dry it or put it in the dryer for several mins to become permanent and washable. I don't know how well it keeps after washing though. I guess we'll have to see later. 


Photo by petite brooklyn mom










No comments:

Post a Comment