Monday, August 27, 2012

Not really a petite Brooklyn mom...yet!

Well...I am petite. 4' 11" to be exact. From Brooklyn, NY. BUT not yet a mom. I will be one at the end of November or beginning of December depending on when the baby wants to come out.

As I am nearing my delivery date, I'm feeling very motherly lately. My husband, Tony, who I will from now on refer to as Mr. T, and I discussed baby names, what kind of diapers we want to use (cloth or disposable or both), what to put into our baby registry (necessity vs. luxury), glass or plastic bottles, organic ingredients or not, making baby food or buying store brand, etc. Since we live in a one-bedroom apartment with a dog, our space is also limited, which affect the decisions that we make. The other big thing that affect what we do is MONEY. DINERO. Who doesn't have that problem, right?

Since I'm a crafty person, I've decided to make some of the baby supplies to save money and to tell my kid when he/she is older that mommy put a lot of time, energy and love into her first born child.  Here are some things that I've decided to make:

1. Burp cloths
2. Stuffed toy animals
3. Applique onesies
2. Wash Cloths
3. Diaper Wipes
4. Bibs
5. Changing mat
6. Nursery Mobile 
7. Nursery wall art

The rest of the baby stuff we definitely have to buy because lets face it, we're not that crafty or good of a seamstress/seamster (Mr. T makes clothes for our dog).

I've already made the burp cloths, a stuff giraffe, applique onesie, wash cloths, and diaper wipes prior to writing this blog. I took pictures of them to say, "HEY, I DID THIS!" Then an idea popped into my mind, "Why not document it in an easy and free way to keep for future references?"So I began writing this blog.

Today is a very special day. It's the birthday of my blog.  Happy BIRTHDAY!








1 comment:

  1. Happy belated birthday to your blog!! I didn't know Mr. T was so crafty - that's totally awesome that you guys decided to make many of your baby items. It'll be that much more special - your baby is truly lucky!

    ReplyDelete