Thursday, August 30, 2012

Enema - part deux

DO NOT READ THIS POST IF YOU HATE HEARING ABOUT POOP!

For all you pregnant women out there I'm sure you are well aware of one of the wonderful symptoms of pregnancy - CONSTIPATION, CONSTIPATION.  The word so nice I have to repeat it twice.

Constipation can range from mild to severe. I've experienced the whole range of constipation. Every since I got pregnant 6 months ago I went to the bathroom maybe every two days.  Before pregnancy every day. When I do go, I get little pebbles and I have to sit there for 30 mins or more to get those little fellas out.

Approximately 1 1/2 months ago, my constipation was so bad I had to call my Ob-gyn to see if I should go to the ER. I was in constipation pain, trying to push while sitting on the toilet for 12 hours. She recommended I try enema first. If that doesn't work I would have to go to the hospital and have them physically remove it for me. I sure hope the doctor is not cute in that case. But lucky me, I have a wonderful husband who was willing to put the enema solution up my behind. After 3-5 minutes, there was relieve and no hospital for me. Mr. T also cleaned up all the mess that I made in the bathroom, because the enema worked so quickly that I missed the toilet. You know you have a great husband when he's willing to clean up your - - - -.  However, my labia was really swollen and I had a little tear in my rectum. Ice-pack 15 mins on, 15 mins off and all was better.

Today it happened again. I figured it would because I haven't had a bowel movement for 4 days. This morning I had my Activia yogurt, three glasses of prune juice hoping to have something happen today. Around 5 pm, the little pebbles came out, but then it got stuck. Hit a roadblock. Literally backed up.  After 30 mins I stopped pushing then tried again, but it was not willing to come out.  Of course, by now I have hemorrhoid.  My rectum blew up like a balloon along with my labia. To make it worst I tore my rectum again leading to bleeding. No more pushing. Time for the enema. No need to rush to the store. Since our last episode, my husband stocked up the bathroom cabinet with enema. So I waited patiently for Mr. T  to come home while pacing the floor, doing my deep breathing.  When he opened the door, I said,

"Hi, Honey. Severe constipation today. I set up the bathroom floor and the enema bottle is all set to go."  

We were on to another great adventure, but it didn't happened as quick as it did last time. I had to tell Mr. T the bad news: He needs to PHYSICALLY remove it for me. Calmly, he said, " Gloves or no gloves?" As he went to get the gloves he heard me shout,

 "Never mind! I'm good."

 I think my poop was afraid of my husband because it decided to come out. I could hear Mr.T's sigh of relief as he walked to the bathroom from the kitchen with a pair of gloves in his hand.


No comments:

Post a Comment