Monday, August 27, 2012

Cloth wipes

First burp cloths, wash cloths, and now cloth wipes. Figured since I'm on a roll, why not just make everything out of cloth, especially with really soft flannel fabric, for my baby's little behind. I know it will be lots of money for laundry, but we're also going towards the energy saving, hand wash version. Let me rephrase that. Money saving, not energy saving since I'll be using up a lot of it hand-washing them. I will also try out my husband's way of laundering using a contraption that he bought. I'll demonstrate it to you in the near future.

Cloth wipes tutorial from Joyful Abode - homemade cloth baby wipes.

My really quick tutorial:
1. Wash flannel fabric.
2. Cut out  7"x7" square.
3. Use zig-zag stitch to sew edges to prevent fraying.

Here is my version:


Photo by petite brooklyn mom


Photo by petite brooklyn mom


Another ultra quick cloth wipes tutorial: 
Steal some 100% cotton t-shirts from your husband or your own closet. Cut out squares, whatever size you like or comfortable with.  Done! No stitching necessary since fabric will not fray. 
Or you can cut two squares from different t-shirts to make wipe reversible and fun. This would involve sewing however. 
                      

You can use the cloth wipes with plain water or a simple homemade solution. The tutorial above has a homemade solution at the bottom of the page. Or you can watch the YouTube video below to make really cheap disposable paper wipes or just make a spray bottle with a solution and spray your cloth wipes before using it on that really sensitive baby behind. I can't tell you how well these solution work since my baby isn't here yet. However, I will make some and test it on my husband!



Baby Wipe homemade solution update: Made the solution from the above Youtube view yesterday using Burt Bee's shampoo/wash and Johnson's baby oil. Turns out great! Paper towels remained moist the whole day and still moist today. Has a really nice light scent from the baby oil, which I always love the smell of. I am using it to clean my dirty hands and as well as other body parts.  


No comments:

Post a Comment