Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Are you in there?!

It might have been that I was too busy to notice my baby's fetal movements inside my tummy yesterday.  I was sewing the cloth wipes and designing/writing the contents of my blog almost the whole day. It occurred to me when my husband arrived home at around 6:30 pm that the baby hasn't kicked me since early morning. He/She normally starts with light kicks when I wake up and then starts to tumble and kick harder throughout the day, especially after I finish eating. Normally, the baby becomes really quiet when my husband gets home. I joked with my husband that when the baby acts up after it's born I'll just have to say his name and the baby will behave. 

We know based on reading baby books and researching the internet that at 26 weeks it's ok to have little or no movements for 1-2 days, but since it's been kicking every day for a month now, we couldn't help but wonder....

So Mr. T does what he normally does when he comes home. He cupped his hands together so it turns into an amplifier. Put them to his mouth and down towards the belly. He had a conversation with the baby. It went something like this:

"Hello, Baby. Are you in there? 
Why aren't you kicking today? 
Mommy is getting worried. 
She said she just started a blog about you and now 
you're not doing anything.
Kick mommy so we know that you're ok."


We both looked at the tummy for several minutes waiting for a response. Nothing. Several more minutes passed by...Then...a little light kick on the right side of my belly button...then it turned its body to say, "Hey, you woke me up!" and one more kick. AAAAHHH...All's well with the world!!



No comments:

Post a Comment