Monday, September 24, 2012

Week 30




Baby fruit size comparison: large cabbage

Baby weight: 2.5-3.8 lb.

Mommy weight: 106 lb.

What's up with baby this week:  Baby is now strong enough to grasp a finger. Brain continues to develop. Brain is wrinkled to make room for more brain cells. 

Maternity Clothes: light jacket, khaki and tank tops, sneakers. 

Sleep: Waking up every two hours for bathroom. 

Breathing: Same as previous weeks.Shortness of breath while lying down in bed or sitting back on the sofa. 

Worst moment this week: They say pregnant women experience strange vivid dreams during this time due to anxiety. Boy did I have one. I dreamt my dog, Pippy, was killed by an alligator, that was kept as a pet by my brother in our apartment. It scared me because I love my dog. What's scarier is why is my brother living with me in our one bedroom apartment?! With an alligator?!!! And my apartment was full of water!!!! 

Interpretation of dream:  My water broke and the baby is the alligator. Alligator is taking all of the doggie's attention and she disappeared. Still confused about the brother! There is no way my brother is living with me and taking care of my baby!

Movement: Lots of hiccups and acrobat movements. 

Cravings: Beef Stew, Vietnamese soups. 

Labor Signs: Think I'm experiencing Braxton Hick's contractions at least once a day. Having mild cramp in my lower back, around the sides and under my belly.  My stomach also gets rock solid. Most of the time it happens when I'm walking. When I rest the stomach "soften" and the cramps subside.

Mood:  Tired more often. Taking more naps. The nauseous feeling from the first trimester is coming back when I'm hungry. Anxious. Ten more weeks to go! YIKES!

Looking forward to: Second detailed ultrasound of the baby this Friday. Mr.T and I are having our baby shower Saturday. Will be lots of fun. 

Note: Baby status based on The bump.



No comments:

Post a Comment