Thursday, September 6, 2012

Fold-up-and-snap bib

Rae from Made by Rae posted a great tutorial on how to make a fold-up-and-snap bib on Sew mama sew. It can be used as a full body coverage bib or folded up to make a pocket to catch all your kid's food that normally do not end up in the mouth.

I'm actually making this bib for myself. According to Mr.T, I make a mess when I eat, especially now that my belly is making it hard for me to maneuver on the sofa.

I don't have sew-on snaps so I used velcros instead for the pockets.  It would be nicer if it's in white instead of black, but I needed instant gratification.  Extra fabric used to tie the bib. Still haven't conquered sewing around curves yet so I made the neckline too small. Turned it into tie back instead which is great for people or a teddy bear with different neck sizes.


photo by petite brooklyn mom

Unfolded for whole body coverage.




photo by petite brooklyn mom

Bottom folded up to make pocket.

Photo by petite brooklyn mom

Bib on Edgar.

No comments:

Post a Comment