Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy 3rd wedding anniversary!




Mr. T and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary early this year. (It's ten days from now.) Why? Because we actually went somewhere that doesn't involve looking at baby stuff, buying fabric to do my crafts or shopping for food!!! We do lots of errands on the weekend.  When we do something new we make it a special event. In this case, the start of my 3rd trimester and our 3rd wedding anniversary!

I've been wanting to go to Jane's Carousel at the Brooklyn Bridge Park for a while now. Today we actually went there. What's more exciting is that we DROVE there and FOUND parking in DUMBO! Took us 15 mins total trip time from home to the park. NO TRAFFIC! If you live in NYC you would understand my excitement.
Jane's Carousel with Manhattan Bridge background.


We had a great time.  The view of Manhattan was spectacular. The carousel was grand and very nostalgic. Mr. T and I were the only two adults on the carousel without a baby (outside of the tummy). Actually, I was on a horse. Mr. T was standing next to me like he was my parent making sure I don't fall off the horse. Ride lasted 2-3 mins, but really worth the $2 per ride. The cost of feeling like a child again is priceless.
     
                             Jane's Carousel
Jane's Carousel tickets.
Mr. T standing next to a horse. 

Notice the safety harness!

The park itself is a great place for just relaxing or people watching. It was full of parents with kids, bicylists, and people with dogs. There were birthday parties and also a food fair going on. Being a pregnant woman, I wanted to try all the food there. Spent $4 on the carousel and maybe $35 on food. They were all delicious, especially the Lumpia Shack Peking duck spring rolls. I could eat that all day. They were miniature in size, but BIG on taste!!!

Peking Duck eggrolls from Lumpia Shack
Hot dog with Vietnamese banh mi toppings and seasoning from AsiaDog NYC

Lamburger from the Landhaus. Extra juicy.

The best part of the trip was spending time with Mr. T.  Felt like we were on our first date, except with a third person tagging along (the Baby).  We wouldn't want it any other way.  Maybe on the day of our wedding anniversary we will ride on the carousel during sunset.

Happy 3rd anniversary, sweetie!

Mr. T and I with the Brooklyn Bridge and new WTC in the background. He's proposing again!

Baby enjoyed the park as well.


Note: All photos taken by Mr. T and petite brooklyn mom.



3 comments:

  1. Had a great time, sugarbutt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I picture Wyatt and Phoebe really enjoying the carousel! If you're in Brooklyn we can go together. It will close for the season October 15,2012.

      Delete