Monday, October 1, 2012

Dyed onesie

I was getting tired of all the white onesies that I have in the baby drawer so I've decided to try my hand on dyeing one.

Dana at dana made it has a very simple tutorial on how to turn a boring white onesie into any color imaginable.

Here is a boring white onesie:


Here is my lovely tangerine colored onesie using RIT concentrated powder dye:



I then added a little image to it using my new toy, the Silhouette Cameo machine, which is an anniversary gift from Mr. T. Actually, I got the "ENJOY THE ride" quote from the silhouette america then print it onto a T-shirt transfer paper for dark color. I used the paper from  purple chimp.  The good thing about these paper is that you don't have to mirror your image. You just print it out, remove the backing, put the quote on your onesie facing up, place parchment paper on top and iron for several minute. Note that there is a different method if you transfer onto light fabric vs. dark fabric. Read instructions on the package. 

Adds a little pazzazz to any onesie with a bottle of dye and T-shirt transfer paper. 



2 comments: