Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Thank you card

We had a great waiter at Trattoria 35 where I had my baby shower. Chris was very attentive to all the guests, especially the kids. He was so great that he basically packed all the colored arts that the kids did (along with the pizza and chicken fingers on them) and 33 MENUS for me. I didn't realized that until I unpacked everything when I got home. Mr. T said that maybe he thought I wanted them as mementos. I would like one, but not 33 menus. What would I do with 33 menus?!

So as I was sitting home trying to find good Thank You cards for the guests at the baby shower, I had the crazy idea of turning the menus into cards. I think Chris knew I would find a way to do something with those menus. I love to recycle things. Now I know what I can do with last year's Christmas cards! Thanks Chris. I will consider naming my baby boy after you!

Here is the before and after of my Thank You card project:


The MENU


The THANK YOU cards



I basically used the whole menu to make the card.

I just cut out the bunting from the menu. Glue it to the corner of a note card that I have. The front of the card is actually the patterns that you see, but I used the plain colored side so that it doesn't clash with the bunting.

Next, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the "THANKS" with the curved borders using the menu.  Took me a while for this part since I couldn't figure out how to print more than one at a time. 

After the "THANK" sign finished, I cut two 1 inch strips from the menu and glue it to the top and bottom on back of the sign to give it a slight elevation from the background. Then I glued it to the card. 

The hardest part of this project was using a tweezer to glue that little dot for the letter "a" in "THANKS". I think I can be a surgeon. 

The card is nice and simple. I can add something else like an elephant or a giraffe to match the baby shower theme, but sometimes simple is best. I'm exhausted now anyway!!

That's how I spent my Wednesday! How was your day?



No comments:

Post a Comment