Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Howdy...



My LO (Little One) has been drooling more and often. Yes, I just abbreviated "little one". When I was pregnant and researching online I saw all these abbreviations (DD, LO, BF) and had no clue what they meant so I had to research the abbreviations in order to understand what on earth I was reading about.  To feel like I'm part of the mommy community I am abbreviating :) And yes, there are abbreviations when you're planning your wedding as well. BTW, BF stands for "boyfriend" if you're single and "breastfeeding" if you're a mother. Interesting.

But I digress, as usual. I have so much on the brain that sometimes I forget things. Then I'm thinking I might have early Alzheimer's. There I go again...digressing.

I am actually here to talk about my new sewing project for Chase. As I was saying, my LO is drooling more and often... so I made him a bib. Not just a bib; a bandana bib so he'll look cute and adorable while drooling.

I made the bandana bib following the tutorial from the purl bee. Great illustrations and easy to follow instructions.

The only thing I would do different is maybe use lighter fabrics. The fabrics I used were actually from an Ikea crib sheet. Since the bib is double layered and worn over clothes these fabrics might be too warm for Chase. We will have to try it out and see how he likes it. I would also try a stitch that is less visible.


Isn't he adorable with the bandana bib? I think with the extra fabrics I will make matching pants. Check out my pants post for  what I've sewn so far. 

Happy Sewing!

1 comment:

  1. He's already changed his look since the last I saw him! It's time for another playdate!!

    ReplyDelete