Sunday, December 30, 2012

Put me back in...

Baby Chase is now a month and 4 days old. He's a cute, adorable and at times a very fussy baby.

There are days that I'm thinking he probably is wondering why I had to push him into this world. A world where he has to work so hard just to eat, poop, pee and sleep. And who are these two people who keep staring at him and have no clue as to what he wants/needs!!

Motherhood (and fatherhood) has so far been exhausting for me and Mr. T.  There are bad and good days. There are days where we're saying to ourselves, what have we gotten ourselves into?! This is our lives from now on. We thought having a dog was hard. At least the dog only poop, pee and eat twice a day. The rest of the time, she sleep. And sometimes she stare at you with her adorable "puppy" eyes for a treat. That was the good life. And life is still good, just a bit harder with less sleep :)

Chase is finally asleep and I'm sitting here pondering the things I miss about carrying Chase for 9 months:

1. Wearing maternity clothes. Yes, I love the belly look! I actually get to wear adults clothing. I'm ultra-petite and pre-pregnancy I wore children's clothing, so yes, I was very excited to be wearing adult clothing. I am now back to my kid-size clothes.  

2. While were on the topic of clothes...oh my goodness...I LOVE the maternity pants.  Just pull them up and you're done. I swear I don't remember how to zip my pants now...

3. People actually being nice and holding doors for me. Strangers talking to me as I walk down the street. Comments I've heard: " How that happened? Congrats?", "You look good pregnant!" (hey?!).

4. Talking to my tummy. At least people don't think I'm crazy while I was pregnant. I remember days when I tell Chase to kick and he actually did!

5. Mr. T talking to my tummy with no reaction from Chase. 

6. Watching my tummy as Chase did his acrobatic movements. 

7. Being able to actually sleep at night with 3-4 bathroom breaks. I thought that was hard then.  Not as bad as having someone scream for you to wake up every two hours like an alarm clock for multiple reasons that you're not sure of. At least the alarm clock has a snooze button. Hit it and back to sleep for another 15 minutes . I wonder if Chase has a SNOOZE button?!


No comments:

Post a Comment