Saturday, December 1, 2012

38 week - November 18, 2012



Thirty-eighth week of pregnancy. I've enjoyed carrying baby T. for the last 38 weeks, but it's time to get out. The only reason why I say that is because of the itchiness that I've been feeling from my PUPPP. The only way to get rid of PUPPP is through delivery. I could stand the constipation, the hemorrhoids, the edema, the urgency to pee, etc. but the itchiness is just annoying.  I must say that it isn't as bad as my friend who had it since her 5th month of pregnancy, but it's annoying none the less. The thing with the rash is that it comes and go whenever it feels like it. I've tried Benadryl and calamine cream like my doctor recommended, but they haven't worked for me like I would like. The only thing that stops the itchiness is applying cold compress and applying shea butter whenever it starts itching. That means if I feel a little itchiness in my hands I would wake up, apply the lotion or ice and then go back to sleep. So I've been waking up 3-4 times a night to do that and pee at the same time. Kill two birds with one stone as they say.

I'm hoping that the next week and a half will go by smoothly with no new symptoms. Could there be any more?!

Of course, I'm also hoping for a pain-free delivery or as painless as possible.




No comments:

Post a Comment