Saturday, November 3, 2012

35 weeks

This has been a sad week for many people in the Northeast, especially NY, NJ, and CT. Hurricane Sandy came with a vengeance and many people were left homeless or without electricity and heat. Mr. T and I were the lucky few who were not affected by the storm. Our parents were not so lucky. My parents live by the beach and the bay so their basement was flooded up to the first floor. They had no gas or electricity. They now have partial electricity in their house, but the gas company turned off their gas valve for safety reasons until they get their boiler fix.  My parent-in-laws don't have electricity, gas or heat. However, we are extremely happy that we are all alive and well. Everything else can be replaced. 

Mr. T and I had our OB-GYN appointment on Friday. Luckily we had filled up our gas tank before the storm and had plenty to get to and from the doctor's office.  Based on the measurements, baby is now 5 lb 9 ounces. Progressing well. Baby's head is very low, which explains why the area below my big tummy hurts when I lean forward to get up from a seated position. Starting next Friday it will be a weekly visit with sonogram, monitoring of baby's heartbeat and contraction activity, and an internal exam to measure my cervix dilation. My doctor said, "It's the patient's favorite part of the pregnancy".  I sense sarcasm in his tone :)


Keep safe and have a good week.



No comments:

Post a Comment