Friday, June 14, 2013

Fabric Birthday Bunting



My best friend's baby is no longer an infant. She officially became a toddler at the tender age of ONE on June  5.  Happy Birthday Cecilia!

To help celebrate the day she was borned I made her the lovely no-sew fabric bunting you see above.

These gorgeous fabrics are from the "Little Red Riding Hood" collections by Tasha Noel for Riley Blake Design that I bought from Southern Seams Fabrics.  Instead of smooth edge around the bunting, I used a pinking shear to make the jagged edges for a more decorative touch and to prevent fraying. Turned out better than I had hope. However, I never realized how heavy and hard it is to use a pinking shear. Mr. T had to help me a little at the end. Ok. More like I said, "Here honey, cut these!" :)

For the letters I just cut them out of hard felt and then use Scor-tape (great tape for every projects) to attach them to the bunting. It is actually double sided without the letters on the back. This bunting would look lovely over Cecilia's crib and then over her bed when she's older (If mommy chooses to do that!).

Here are some detailed pictures of the bunting because I love these fabric so much:)




Happy crafting everyone! TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment